What do we believe successful learning is in 2017?
CoL Purpose (What is our purpose/kaupapa?)
CoL Vision – Our Community of Learning will collaborate to enhance engagement and achievement for all ākonga/learners in Whakatū so that our rangatahi/young people have equitable life choices.
We will focus on learning pathways, wellbeing, evaluative capability, cultural competencies, teacher pedagogy and whānau/community partnerships. This will also enable us to build collective capacity to advocate for Whakatū ākonga/learners.
Kaua e rangiruatia te hāpai o te hoe; e kore tō tātou waka e ū ki uta.
‘Do not lift the paddle out of unison or our canoe will never reach the shore.’
This proverb serves to emphasise the importance of all working together to succeed in any joint project.
Ngā Uara – Values
- Whanaungatanga/Relationships – Skilled in building and navigating relational spaces. Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi, engari he toa takitini
- Whakapapa/Sense of Belonging – Living confidently – with affinity to whakapapa and at ease with a growing cultural competence in language, tikanga and identity. Kia tū māia ki runga i a rātou ake ahurea tuakiri.
- Whakatoro/Courage – Thinking respectfully and critically about the world and ideas. Whakarongo ki te ao. Mā te rongo ka mōhio, mā te mōhio ka mārama, mā te mārama ka mātau, mā te mātau ka ora.
- Whakatōmene/Exploration – Articulate and confident in expressing thoughts, feelings and ideas. Ngā kai a te rangatira he kōrero. Me tū rangatira ai.
- Ako/Personalised Learning – Kia whāi ī te taumata: Achieving qualifications from school and wider life that lead to future options and choice. Whaia te taumata mō te koingatanga hei ara oranga mōhou. Ko te pae tawhiti, whaia kia tata. Ko te pae tata, whakamaua kia tīna.